Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Conversation With Caden

Caden has been remembering his dreams lately and I've been loving hearing about them. Not because I like to hear about other people's dreams, because let's be honest, I HATE IT. But it's different when it's your own kid. He's learning and growing and he's finally old enough to let me inside his head. It's exciting. The following conversation took place this very morning.

Caden: Guess what i dreamed about last night, mommy?

Me: What did you dream about?

Caden: I dreamed that the house was on fire!

Me: Caden, why didn't you wake me up? You can always wake me up if you have bad dreams.

Caden: It wasn't a bad dream, it was my happiest dream!!

Me: ........

Yeaaaaah. Is five too early for therapy? Because...yeah, I don't even know what to say.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

kids are hilarious!

Morgan said...

That is so funny! And, I agree, dreams are only interesting if it's your own kid. Or, if you were in the dream. :)