Thursday, May 22, 2008

The(fill in the blank) part.

Ah, stress. Nothing quite like it, eh? Tonight we leave for Oregon, and true to form I've left everything until the last minute. I haven't packed, cleaned, nor mentally prepared myself for a week and half with the in-laws. Oh, don't get me wrong, I love my in-laws. I hit the in-law lottery if you'd like to know the truth. They're great. It's the week and a half away from home with two kids under four part that I don't like. The running around frantically packing, cleaning, and just running around frantically part that I don't like. It's the moment when you're finally able to sit down, only to realize that you've forgotten something that must be done NOW part. It's the worrying about whether or not you've packed enough, or too much, or packed the wrong things altogether part! Or, this might just be the worst part. The walking out the door, getting in your car, driving an hour, then realizing you've forgotten either your purse, blankie, medicine, and/or fill in the blank part. And you know what? No matter how many lists I make or times I remind myself, I always forget something.

Here's the thing. I think I need to concentrate on a week with my husband part. Or the week away from my regular routine part. OR the completely unexpected and welcome week away from the blinding heat, part!

Wish me Luck. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

No comments: